Health Diagnostic Laboratory Inc, the embattled lab company, is nearing a $50 million settlement with the Justice Department, according to a Wall Street Journal story by John Carreyrou. As previously reported here, the federal government is investigating HDL for giving kickbacks to physicians who use the company’s tests. Additional allegations suggest a broader pattern of serious misconduct based on questionable sales, marketing, and billing practices involving unnecessary testing.
Previous Stories About HDL:
- Beyond Kickbacks: More Questions About Unnecessary Cardiovascular Biomarker Tests
- Way Beyond Kickbacks: More Serious Misconduct Alleged Against Medical Testing Company HDL
- Embattled HDL Laboratory CEO Resigns Amid Federal Investigation
- Doctor: You’re Going To Have A Heart Attack! Patient: Your Tests Results Are Giving Me A Heart Attack!
- Cigna Sues Embattled HDL Laboratory For $84 Million